If you need financial assistance to attend 德, there are plenty of funding sources available. Whether you seek loans, grants or scholarships, you must follow a specific process to see if you qualify. For certain funding options, such as scholarships, you need to check with the organization offering the aid to see what the 应用程序 process is.
Refer to the step-by-step process below to apply for aid.
All students must meet certain requirements to qualify for federal student aid:
- 你是一个.S. 公民或 eligible non-citizen
- 请注意: 的 公民hip status you report on 你的 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must match with the Social 安全 Administration (SSA). If 你的 公民hip does not match with the Social 安全 Administration, you will be required to update 你的 information with the SSA and/or provide a copy of 你的 original 公民hip documentation to the Financial Aid Office before federal aid can be disbursed;
- Applications that have an Alien Registration Number (ARN) are matched against Department of 首页land 安全 (DHS) records. If the DHS match fails after automated primary and secondary confirmation, the school must conduct a third-step confirmation with the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); and
- have a valid Social 安全 number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
- be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25);
- be degree-seeking in an eligible program as determined by the university;
- be enrolled in courses that are applicable to 你的 eligible program of study;
- be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Federal Direct 贷款;
- maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)标准;
- sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form stating that
- you are not in default on a federal student loan,
- you do not owe money on a federal student grant,
- you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
- show you’re qualified to obtain a college education by
- having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
- completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law)
To become eligible for financial aid, you must start with the 应用程序 process. Regardless of whether you are a past aid recipient, you need to apply annually for financial aid through completion of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the FAFSA网站. When completing the FAFSA you will need to enter 德 Aeronautical University school code 001479. By listing ERAU (Title IV School Code: 001479) as one of 你的 school choices, we will receive 你的 information electronically for processing. This 应用程序 is valid from July 1 until June 30 of the following year. For more information on Federal Student Aid, please review 的 Guide to Federal Student Aid.
*Note that filling out FAFSA is free. Beware of websites and services who charge you for filling out the 应用程序. If you suspect a website is charging people, or if you need assistance, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at (800) 433-3243.
- All Students, parents, borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites.
- 你可以使用你的 FSA ID 立即 to complete and electronically sign 你的 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®; www.fafsa.政府) [你的 parent can sign with his or her own FSA ID].
- 你的 FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature. Don't give 你的 FSA ID to anyone—not even to someone helping you fill out the FAFSA. Sharing 你的 FSA ID could put you at risk of 身份盗窃!
- Social 安全 card
- Income tax information and W-2 forms
- After the FAFSA: What Happens Next?
IRS Data Retrieval Tool
美国.S. Department of Education and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have collaborated to develop a tool that simplifies the completion of the FAFSA 应用程序. 的 IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows FAFSA applicants and parents to request and retrieve their tax data directly from the IRS. Once this data is retrieved from the IRS, it can be transferred to the FAFSA 应用程序.
- 的 tax year to be requested is on the FAFSA 应用程序 being completed
- Electronically filed tax return information will be available online from the IRS Data Retrieval Tool approximately one to two weeks after return has been filed.
- Data from paper tax returns will be available 6-8 weeks after the return has been filed. Student applicants and parents who have filed their taxes will be given the option to use the IRS data retrieval tool when they are completing the Financial Information portion of their FAFSA 应用程序.
- 的re are two separate Financial Information sections on the FAFSA for dependent students. Students will use this tool for the Student Financial Information section and parents of dependent students will use this tool for the Parent Financial Information section.
- Upon selecting the IRS Data Retrieval Tool you will be directed to the IRS website. From there, you will need to authenticate 你的 identity before any personal information is displayed.
- After viewing tax data, you will then have the option to “Transfer” the tax information directly to the FAFSA 应用程序.
We highly recommend that you take advantage of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool 因为它很简单, 快, accurate and streamlines the process if 你的 应用程序 was selected for verification.
One of the final steps in completing the FAFSA is supplying 德's federal school code. Our school code is 001479.